Welcome To My Blogs


This forms a compilation of all my written work done so far!!!!!!
The work involves celebrity interviews that I have conducted so far, my journalism work and literary work, my fiction work...and my TV plus radio shows...
I did radio, I did TV, and I always to find the real me..
As a writer, I could write more openly and that explored the real me..
Stay Blessed..
Cheers...
Sadaf

Photography by Me

Loading...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Heart-to-Heart with Fariha Pervez

By

Sadaf Fayyaz

Published in Ink –The Entertainment Issue



Q1. What is your birthplace and where did you spend your childhood?

Fariha: I am an Aquarian, born on 2nd of February. My birth place is Lahore.

Q2. Introduce yourself to the readers.

I am a straight forward and a down to earth person. When producing my album I try to cater to the listening preferences of urban audiences. My songs range from upbeat of pop, to fusion of eastern classical/folk with western instrumentation.

Q3. Tell about your Education:

Bachelor of Arts

Q4. Tell about your music training and initial projects.

I got classical training from Master Feroze Gill and “Ustad Ghulam Hassain Shaggan" belonging to "Gwaliar Gharana". I started out by singing jingles and hosting a children's singing show by the name of "Aangan Aangan Taarey." I have worked on and released six albums so far, namely, “Nice & Naughty”, “Music Viewzik”, “Jhumka”, “O Vela Yad Kar”, “Piya” and “Passion”. While singing jingles, I met Sattar Khan who asked me to release my debut album," Nice & Naughty" in 1996, which became a massive hit. “Patang Baaz Sajna” is actually one of the tracks featured in my debut album with the creative mind of Sattar Khan, behind the musical endeavor. Besides these, I have also sung for some films such as “Chief Sahab”, Sailab”, “Ghoongat” and “Moosa Khan”.

Q5.In which language you love singing?

Fariha: I love singing in Urdu and Punjabi.

Q6. How often do you jam?

Fariha: I practice vocals everyday and I jam at least thrice a month.


Q7. What is your inspiration?

Fariha: Asha Bhosle, and Sajjad Ali

Q8.Your favorite song that you have sung so far:

Fariha: I like most of them, can’t say which one is the most favorite.

Q9. What is your record company?

Fariha: I have worked with Sonic, Lips & Sadaf.

Q10. You like live performance or studio sessions more. Why?

Fariha: I like live performances because I can interact with the audience and can get an instant feedback.

Q11. How many concerts have you done so far, and which at places?

Fariha: I have performed almost all over the world at places like UAE, USA, UK, Norway and Australia.

Q12. What was the first instrument you learnt playing and at what age?

Fariha: MY VOCAL IS MY INSTRUMENT SINCE CHILDHOOD.

Q13.When and how you did you get interested in music?

Fariha: From a young age, I started taking music seriously from my school days.

Q14.Your music is influenced by:

Fariha: Pop and classical.

Q15.How did your family support you in continuing your career?

Fariha: My family is very supportive and encouraging, especially my father. I like to spend time with them whenever I am free.

Q16. Share a few lines on your upcoming album and when it will be out.

Fariha: My upcoming project is my 7th album, which will release soon in the middle of this year.
I have done my best as always.

Q17. Whom have you worked with/working with?

Fariha: I have worked with Mujahid Hussain, Bagga, Ahsan Pervaiz and Sajjad Ali.

Q18. I have seen a play “Aisi Bulandi Aisi Pasti” of yours too but you didn’t continue acting and focused more on singing career. Why?

Fariha: It is because I find myself a better singer and that was my passion also.

Q19. Where does your talent come from?

Fariha: It is God gifted plus it is in my genes too. I come from a family of artists like Talat Siddiqui, Rehana Siddiqui, Naheed Siddiqui, and my cousin Arifa too. I inherited this passion for singing from my father who wanted to become a singer but his family opposed.

Q20. What are your pastimes?

Fariha: My pastimes are book reading, watching movies, going gym, doing yoga, cooking and spending time with my parents.

Q21. Who are your favorite bands and musicians?

Fariha: Jason Mraz and Shafqat Salamat

Q22. What is importance of video making for a specific song?

Fariha: It is vital so that the song can be viewed too besides being heard.

Q23. What is your biggest desire?

Fariha: I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Q24. Where does your learning come from?

Fariha: It comes from living life.

Q25. How do you take criticism?

Fariha: I take it as something positive.

Q26. Being an artist, what do you dislike the most?

Fariha: I dislike mis-commitments.

Q27.You sang last year in Sohail Rana program; share a few lines on it.

Fariha: It was a great achievement and honor. I learnt a lot from it.

Q28. I have listened to some of tributes you have paid to legends; you think it’s a good way of remembering our legends?

Fariha: Yes, definitely it is. What else?

Q29. What is your music genre?

Fariha: It is “urban popular”.

Q30.What is your biggest expectation?

Fariha: That I will find good listeners all the time.

Q31.You Define Music as:

Fariha: My passion.

Q32. What would you have been, if not a musician?

Fariha: I would have been a teacher or a successful business person.

Q33.One must know:

Fariha: The realities of life very clearly.

Q34. How do you perceive the future of music in Pakistan?

Fariha: Once the country comes out of this crisis, the sky is the limit.

Q35. What is your message to the readers of INK?

Fariha: Mean while just chill.

4 comments:

  1. Nice interview with simple answers.
    When you are going to give an interview,kind of a self potrait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,,,,Simple chit chat sessions i enjoy more.......

    ReplyDelete